Page: Pre 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Hopi
Sun, Dec 14th, 2008, by Hopi
I have been noticing that I am not getting as much professional recognition now that I have allowed my hair to grow long. As a short haired woman, I looked stylish and professional and was taken seriously. However, I remember noticing that all the wives of the men who worked with me had long hair. It almost seems as though men would rather date/marry longer haired women, and that short haired women are viewed as less sexy and therefore less threatening on the job.

Nevertheless, I have decided to get my hair cut short again. I have shoulder length stylishly cut hait, but am constantly being accosted by men wanting dates and have even been told that I look like "a little girl." One sick bastard even offered to be my "daddy." I never received such treatment with short hair.

As an ambitious woman wanting to be taken seriously in the professional world, I will cut id short. Most successful women who are taken seriously have short hair. I also think sophisticated men prefer women with shorter, more styled hair.

There are some women like Ann Coulter who look stunning and can get away with long hair. But really, Ann Coulter capitalized on her image of being a sex kitten. In her photos, she wears daisy dukes, capitalizing on teh fact that she is a leggy, sexy blonde.

Despite her success by selling best selling books and being a talking head, she has never been able to hold down a job and is widely mocked for being an idiot. Yes, she exudes gravitas, but at the end of the day, she is dismissed as a joke.

Even Sarah Palin.    She looked very sexy and charismatic. She may really have been incompetent, but most people were not able to see past the fact that she was a beauty queen wannabe. People were looking for ways to discredit it.

Sex is so    powerful in our society. In the professional world, that aspect must be downplayed. Short hair cut communimcates that you are there to do business and have a no-nonsense style.

Having said that, Princess Di was considered to be among teh most beautiful women of her time....Yet, many still say she was androgynous and never fully quite feminine. You can't please them all, but I will be getting my hair cut short.

Sadly, the rednecks and stip club-goers will still accuse you of being manly and unsexy. However, just consider the source.
Anonymous
Tue, Nov 18th, 2008, by Anonymous
Dear Debra!

Wake up and smell the cat box honey! LOL
Anonymous
Thu, Nov 13th, 2008, by Anonymous
Are these crazy comments from men about their wives for real?    I don't think so.
Jenni
Fri, Oct 31st, 2008, by Jenni
I have short hair.    I look very much like a woman.    No man has every complained about my short locks.    It's the entire package mind you and if you have a pretty face, good bone structure and nice body, you can most certainly pull it off.
Anonymous
Thu, Aug 28th, 2008, by Anonymous
[quote=<B class=name>Debra</B> ]My long hair needs to be cut because it looks like crap.    please help me
Anonymous
Thu, Aug 28th, 2008, by Anonymous
[quote=<B class=name>Debra</B> ]thats very narrow minded of you.    you or your hair must look like crap for you to think that you need to make a generalization like that.    i feel that you are probably hiding behind your long hair because you must not be that pretty.    if thats the case please do us all a favor and keep your long hair as long as you can.
Imogen
Sun, Aug 24th, 2008, by Imogen
well i use to have long hair rpast my behind and to be honest it was borin now i have short hair and ive never got so many ocmpliments everyone says how amazin ma hair looks cuz its all choppy with a long balck streak it platnium blonde and has no parting so it all messy. i mess it with harispray so it really big, it makes me stand out and look individual wouldnt change it 4 the world
Angela
Tue, Aug 12th, 2008, by Angela
To Debra: I think women can have short hair and embrace their femininity. Feminine and short hair are not mutually exclusive. It's not always about laziness, conformity or being practical. Sometimes it's just about doing what you like, what makes you feel comfortable and what makes you look good. I have short hair and I probably put more effort in to it more than when it was long, I am not lazy, I am 23 and I think    I am a very attractive woman, who is neither corporate or a conformist. I had the inverted bob back 1997 when I was in 7th grade before Rhianna or Sienna Miller.
The bob is short hair cut that was fashionable for a man in the 1700's. Sure it's short but I don't think it looks very masculine on man. Give me a man with long locks anyday. There are also plenty of women like me who have let their hair grow long and no matter how it's styled or cut it becomes lifeless and a plain hot mess. I think long hair doesn't have to be boring, or a sign of being stuck in the 1950's but most often times it is and that if any is really the conformist hair style.
Sadie
Wed, Aug 6th, 2008, by Sadie
Peter, it has actually been proven that the length of a person's hair is directly related to how they feel about themselves. Also, having long hair can be a sign of insecurity, if the person refuses to get it cut.

Kaybaybay, I disagree, I think men with hair below the waist are extremely attractive, so long as they don't wear it back all of the time. Such a pretty waste.

I used to have my hair at such a length, but the upkeep proved to be too tiresome and I ended up having a drastically short cut. Today, I'm going to get my hair cut short as can be seen fashionable on me, not quite sure what I can do. My hair is far too wavy to leave down the majority of the time, as well as being too thick    for anything short of three hair ties to hold it in place. Hopefully, it'll be short and thin enough when they're done that I can straighten my hair easily every morning before school, like I had before.
Debra
Wed, Jun 4th, 2008, by Debra
I have long hair, im 27 - I happen to think that women should have long hair and men short, unless it looks wrong on you - as for the im 30 so ive got to cut my hair off- no way!! I think women who cut their hair short are either lazy, conformist, over 30, look like men. Of course there will be those who cut thier hair coz its practicle - this I understand - but for me I happen to think that a women should look like a women and embrace her femininity and besides whats wrong with embracing your femininity? of and I do lead a busy life so im not lazy!
Page: Pre 1 2 3 4 5 Next